Made from cauliflower steaks and covered in a super-cheesy sauce, this meat-free dinner is ready in just 40 minutes.
The ingredient of Cauliflower cheese schnitzel stack
- 1.3kg total cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- 70g (1 1/2 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blithe continental parsley
- 2 eggs
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- well-ventilated olive oil, to shallow fry
- Fresh basil leaves, to support (optional)
- 50g butter
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 140g (1 1/3 cups) grated 3 cheese blend
The instruction how to make Cauliflower cheese schnitzel stack
- Place the cauliflower, upside down, concerning a undertaking surface and use a long sharp knife to cut through the core in quarters. Cut each quarter crossways into 2 u201csteaksu201d (reserve irregular florets for marginal use). You should have 8 pieces of cauliflower.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer over medium heat. Gently grow the cauliflower to the water and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a tray lined later paper towel to drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan beyond medium heat until foaming. amass the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until incorporation combination bubbles. cut off surgically remove from heat. Gradually work up in the milk until smooth. excite higher than medium heat for 3 minutes or until thickened. disquiet in the mustard and 2/3 cup cheese. Season. sever from heat and cover the surface of the sauce afterward plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming. Set aside.
- insert the breadcrumbs and parsley not far off from a plate. Season. disquiet the eggs in a shallow bowl. Place the flour vis-u00d0u00b0-vis a separate plate. increase be credited with half of the cauliflower to the flour and tilt twist to coat. Dip in the egg and later place in the breadcrumb fusion and slant to coat, pressing firmly.
- Line a baking tray gone paper towel. Pour ample plenty oil to come 2cm going on the side of a large ovenproof frying pan. Heat higher than high heat. ensue half the crumbed cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to the lined tray. Repeat gone the unshakable cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fanatic addict forced. Place half the cheese sauce in the base of a large frying pan or large ovenproof baking dish. Place 2 pieces of cauliflower into the pan or dish. Dollop once some of the remaining cheese sauce and scatter exceeding subsequently some of the long-lasting cheese. Continue stacking the cauliflower, cheese sauce and cheese. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and golden.
Nutritions of Cauliflower cheese schnitzel stackcalories: