This low-cal pie by Louise Keats is a terrific healthy different to a expected meat-only pie.
The ingredient of Beef and vegetable pie
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml water
- 3 blithe thyme sprigs, benefit extra, to sprinkle (optional)
- 1/2 (about 600g) small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 5 sheets buckwheat filo pastry or regular filo pastry
The instruction how to make Beef and vegetable pie
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Season beef. Cook, in batches, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- ensue unshakable oil to pan. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- mount up onion, garlic, carrot and zucchini to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes or until just softened. Return beef to pan. mount up tomato, water and thyme. Bring to the boil. cut heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- accumulate cauliflower, lentils and cooked mushrooms. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Cook, uncovered, for a additional 15-20 minutes or until liquid has reduced. sever from heat. raise a fuss in peas. Season. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fanatic addict forced. Transfer the beef union to a 5cm-deep x 26cm (base measurement) pie dish. Place the filo approximately a clean doing surface. Cover as soon as a dry tea towel, later a damp tea towel (this will prevent it from ventilation out). Lightly spray 1 filo sheet subsequently olive oil. Place over beef mixture. Repeat taking into consideration permanent filo and olive oil spray, overlapping to cover surface of pie dish, and tucking in the edges to seal. Lightly spray culmination considering olive oil. Sprinkle following other thyme, if using. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Nutritions of Beef and vegetable piecalories: 388.614 calories
fatContent: 17 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 36 grams protein